Monday, February 3, 2014

The start of something... Magical.

¡Bienvenido!


I am starting this blog to document the planning process of my (first ever!!) Eurotrip, to journal while I'm actually there and really just to have an outlet while things get crazy and surreal.

Remember, Ellie's Adventure Book in Disney/Pixar's UP? Well, being the crafty lady that I am, I actually made a real scrapbook based on the one in the movie. That was likely 3 years ago, and guess what? It's empty. Which is fine cause it's still labelled as "our" adventure book... I really should change that... anyways, it's not that I haven't travelled since then... I've been to Trinidad and Tobago, New York and Disney World in Florida (a good 3 times) but I feel like I've been waiting for something special to scrapbook in MY adventure book. Don't get me wrong, Disney World holds a special place in my heart and until 3 years ago... it was just a dream.

I also had another dream growing up. I would like to classify it as my "Paradise Falls". Barcelona. I'm not quite sure I remember what intrigued me about Spain... I mean, I don't know how I was exposed to anything Spanish at such a young age... Dora the Explorer wasn't born yet. My parents never travelled. No idea where this dream came from... but it came from somewhere and to this day I cannot wait until I step foot on Spanish land.

Why Barcelona? Why not Madrid, Valencia, Seville? Well, just saying "Bar-ce-lona" sounds magical. Add in the fairytale-esque architecture by Gaudi, the food, the beach... and hot Hispanic men speaking Spanish on the beach (Spanish is hands down the sexiest language on the planet)... and who wouldn't want to go to Barcelona?! And besides, every single person I know who has been lucky enough to visit has told me it's one of, if not, THE most beautiful city in the world.

Why now?! On my 25th birthday I made a bucket list of 25 things I want to do this year and on that list: Explore Barcelona and/or Paris. I knew I had to make it happen. Sometimes in life you just have to say yes and go from there. So... a couple weeks ago I booked a flight to Barcelona and a flight home from Paris. Notice I said "I"? Yeah, I'm going alone!!! (Not completely, I am meeting my best friend in Paris but that's 9 days into my trip and she'll only be around for 3 days... Womp. But more about that later.)


Stay tuned! The next post I'll discuss how I came to the crazy conclusion to travel alone.







No comments:

Post a Comment